|PNB's corps de ballet dancer Angelica Generosa. Photo © Angela Sterling.|
1. When did you start dancing? I started dancing at the age of 4.
2. Why ballet? When I started dancing, I did all types of dance from modern, lyrical, jazz, tap, and ballet. But from all of them I enjoyed and loved ballet the most, so at 12 years old I knew I wanted to be a professional ballerina.
3. Who/what inspires you? People who are disciplined and truly dedicated to what they love to do. I have a lot of respect for people like that. It inspires me to work harder and push more, and to never give up on any goal in life.
4. What ballet are you looking forward to season? I'm excited to see and hopefully work with Christopher Wheeldon and his new ballet he is creating for us.
5. What has been most challenging about joining the Company? I thought the long days of rehearsals and adjusting to the schedule was a challenge when I first joined. I wasn't used to that.
6. What has been most rewarding about joining the Company? The most rewarding thing about joining the Company was getting the opportunity to perform great well-known ballets. Also, the appreciation coming from the audience after every show.
7. Favorite snack: My favorite snack is definitely trail mix. I can eat that all day :)
8. Favorite Seattle restaurant: I feel like I haven't been to a lot of restaurants in Seattle so I don't have that many options to choose my favorite, but I think Blue Moon Burger is one of my favorites. They have the most interesting and delicious burgers, and amazing milkshakes!
|Angelica Generosa in Don Quixote. Choreography by Alexei Ratmansky. |
Photo © Angela Sterling.
10. What is Seattle's best secret? Compared to the East Coast, which is where I'm from, Seattle's best secret is definitely the clean air and authentic stores and restaurants.
11. What did you do this summer? This summer I spent my vacation in Virginia Beach with my family. It was a lot of fun, and I had a great time bonding with my family.
12. Where do you hope to be 20 years from now? In 20 years from now, I want to be happy and content with where I am and what I'm doing in life. Also, I would love to travel around the world exploring exotic and beautiful scenic places.
13. How do you prepare for a show each night? Before a show, I try to take a nap if I have time so I won't be so tired for the show. Also, taking a nap refreshes me and gives me a boost of energy :)